Saturday, October 25, 2008

Two Years in Indy!

Wow it is amazing how time flies. We have been in Indiana for two years last Thursday. We went to the Zoo to Celebrate. We even rode the zoo train which we have only done one other time(It only drives by behind the zoo buildings and you see more cars than animals. It had a Halloween theme and stopped several times in Halloween town. The kids loved it. Especially Brennen.
We surely have been blessed. We lucked out when we moved here. There are great schools. Lots of diversity of people. We have an awesome ward. We have made some great friends that I am sure we will be friends with for a long time. Les only has a ten minute commute, and he has shorter hours (most days) then he did when we lived in Utah.

I also feel like it has been good for our family to be reliant on ourselves and gives those ward members someone to help and someone for me to help in my turn.

Don't get me wrong of course we miss our family and friends back home but we do love Indiana and the new experiences we have had.

I still have to google directions to where I am going in this town if it is not a ward members house that I frequent. If not I could be lost in corn fields before I know it. And let me tell you most corn fields look identical. I still have not been to Chicago although I am only two hours away(sad I know). I am hoping maybe next year will be the year. We will see.

This is about as adventurous of a pumpkin patch I could handle this year. I felt like I could not go on a hayride in a bumpy trailer. So we went down the street to a Methodist church and supported some nice Methodist missionaries by purchasing some pumpkins. By the way I had to take four pictures before everyone was sitting down.

We carved pumpkins. Thanks to Les. We at least have one person in the family with an ounce of Artistic ability. The kids had a great time however the pumpkins are starting to look a little scary with a week to go until Halloween. Oh well it couldn't be helped.

We are looking forward to still spending some years here unless things change so family and friends you have an open invitation to stop by if you are ever in the neighborhood.

0 comments: