Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Babies Room, Fall in Indiana

Okay so it has been done for a while but I have been feeling lazy, or just really pregnant. I can't figure out which one.

We started this room in July we picked the bedding when we found out it was a girl. Then we chose paint colors. We had to clean it our because it was as storage room prior to a nursery. We painted the bottom then the top. We had to do two coats because the room was an atrocious sky blue before with bugs painted on the walls. We put up the chair rail, caulked, and painted, then touched up everything. I think it turned out quite nicely. And for those who knew me in my anit-pink days, boy have I come along way. I am excited to have this girl and let her like pink. She will probably grow up hating pink because of the colors of her room. But I love it.The drawers are now filled with clothes, and we are down to last few nessecities to purchase before the baby comes. You know, diapers, baby wash, etc. We are thrilled. Can't wait just a few weeks to go.

Any of you wondering who the extra child is in the picture, it is Ethan, the cute, hand full I watch while his mother drives her bus for the schools.

I love fall in Indiana. Infact, I love every season in Indiana except for winter. During fall their are amazing colors and temperatures. I even love the return of the rainy season, which sometimes brings days of rain and drizzle in a row. To the point where when the sun comes out it is shocking.

Winter is ugly and Brown, similar to Oklahoma. There is very little snow and mostly ice storms, which are much scarier then snow storms. Plus the wind blows and any one who has ever lived in the midwest can empathize with that, no one else. It is dry. I am allready starting to dry out which is a switch when you are used to Humidity.

Spring is amazing the color comes back so lush and green that I can't get enough of being outside. It is truly beautiful.

Summer gets rather warm and humid but for the most part it stays green with out too much trouble. In fact, the only people I know that have built in Sprinkler system are from Utah and most of them put them in not realizing it is really not nssecary 85 percent of the year.

Any way, Happy Thanksgiving ya'll.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cute babies room! I LOVE IT!

Jenn said...

I went private with my blog...Did I invite you?

Jessie said...

Oh, that is SO cute. I am honestly so excited for you to have another little girl! So will you be coming to Utah at all during Christmas? I would LOVE to see you!