Thursday, March 12, 2009

An End to Blog Silence-Evie's Blessing

I tried to add this last week but me and my computer and I were not seeing eye to eye, so it is a little late.
(Our Family the Day of Evie's Blessing)
After months of basically hibernating with my new baby and family, I have finally had a few events that are blog worthy. I will try to blog more frequently in the future (although I will not be surprised if there are times when it just doesn't happen, I do have priorities and blogging tends to be pushed to the bottom often). Evie is starting to get a little easier to manage. I still do not feel like I get much done, but she is happier more frequently than she used to be.
(Grandpa Rex Dalley, Jane Golightly, Evie Auger)

February 26th we packed our family in the van and drove till we reached my parents home in Heber City Utah. We had previously decided to bless Evie at my sisters home on the 1st but unfortunately Trish's daughter contracted the Influenza. So at the last minute we changed the blessing to Heber City. I felt bad for the long drive the Auger's had to make, but I think that the day was a success. (Grandparents George and Jane Golightly with Evie)

Evie looked beautiful and after being hysterical only minutes before the actual blessing, to my surprise, she slept through the blessing and several hours after. Long enough to be enjoyed by family from both sides. Les gave a wonderful blessing and we enjoyed visiting with family and friends some in which we hadn't seen in literally years. (Josh who returned from his mission to Guam in August and his Fiance Angella on Les's side. On my side my brother Tom and his family). We were also grateful to my parents Bishopric for coming to the blessing with little notice. For those of you who are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we typically gather(in church but I am paranoid of germs) to give our new born babies blessings by the power of the Melchizedek priesthood which was restored to the earth in this dispensation through the prophet Joseph Smith. I am grateful for the power of the priesthood and for a loving husband who is worthy and able to use his priesthood. It is a wonderful thing that brings peace and joy to our home. (Grandparents Jim and Chris Auger with Evie)

We were able to spend some time with many family and friends on our short trip. Megan and Laura stopped by on Saturday, while Les took Isaac to his first BYU/Utah basketball at the Marriott Center. Then more family time till Tuesday when I was able to arrange a short visit with Jessie at my brother's home-Thanks Rachel. We spent a couple of Days in Pokie before spending the night at Jenn and Brad's in Hyde Park-Thanks Jenn for everything, especially watching my 4 kids during the wedding.

Josh and Angella Auger were married on Saturday. It was wonderful day and a beautiful wedding. That night we stayed with Dave and Kierstin before getting back in the car for another 24 hours.

It was hard to have such a short trip. I have a long list of must do's when we go back in June. We appreciate everyone helping us out to make sure our trip was safe and comfortable. As of today no has gotten sick yet. I am feeling blessed.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

It was good to see you for those couple of hours! Tell your sis-in-law "thanks" for the sandwich and for letting me lounge on her couch! Can't wait to see you again in June!

Rachel said...

Wish we could have seen you guys, but we know that things are probably very hectic when you make a trip here. Evie is SO CUTE and the pics are adorable. :)

abo-bder said...

فني تركيب دش
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض