Monday, April 27, 2009

Evie Four Months Old!

Time flies- I can not believe it has been four months. Evie loves toys now. Se is still trying to figure out how her hands work but she is doing much better. Her grasp reflex is great. She pulls my hair the moment I pick her up and I often find her pulling her own hair (and not too happy about it.) She also loves to bite, suck and chew on fabric (burp clothes, blankets, or mom's shoulder work just fine).
She has gotten much less fussy. She lets us comfort her a little better then in the past as well. She loves to stand up on my lap, and is learning to tolerate the saucer. She really wants to sit up but mostly just face plants into the floor. She does roll over front to back and back to front. She can also scoot with her incredibly strong legs. Especially when she is mad. She can scoot on her tummy or her back with her heels. Her arms don't do much yet. She moved a couple of feet the other day.
One of my favorite things about Evie right now is the fun noises she makes. She squeals with delight when she wakes up in the morning. She makes all kids of fun noises during the day. Her cry has also gotten louder and stronger. She can really scream when she is upset. I guess she feels the competition with her siblings all ready.This picture is of her first solids. I am hoping she will be happier with some real food in her tummy. Rice Cereal is yummy.
This picture sums up Brennen and Evie's relationship. They are a bit curious of each other but in a sneaky way. Brennen shows so much love for her and loves to give her kisses on her knee or elbow. The other day he told me,"Mom, she slimed me!" Sure enough he had spit up all over his hand. Jayne is not quite so shy about her love for Evie and Evie often is grumpy when Jayne gets too in her face or handsy. She loves Evie's chubby cheeks and is often stroking them. Jayne also likes to climb into my bed in the moring and wake Evie up. I don't love that since I get more done in the morning before Evie wakes up then the whole rest of the day.
We love our Evie and all of our kids and are looking forward to having some family time out of the house this summer. We will be in Utah this summer for a few weeks and can't wait to spend some time with friends and family.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Evie is getting so big! And I love that Jayne is just fascinated with her! I remember pinching Scott's nose, making him cry so that I could hold him. My mom would get so mad at me!

Love ya and am excited to see you again this summer!!!

THE AUG BLOG said...

Evie is growing up so fast! We can't wait to get together with you and your family. Maybe we'll even get "slimed."