Sunday, September 28, 2008

6 Quirky things

Okay so I got tagged by my friend Jessie to tell 6 quirky things about my self. So here it goes.

1. I have to use hand sanitizer after being in a public place. Especially Wal-Mart or any where I have to use a cart. I do not like to even touch the steering wheel in my car until I am clean. I just feel dirty and grimy until I use the little bottle of sanitizer. I love that Kroger has sanitizing wipes and I hate when the container is empty. I am more of a germaphob now that I have children. I was a freak about the sanitizer while I was in Italy and I am thankful for the hygene efforts most people make here in the USA.

2. I always have to be reading a book. Even if I have very little time in a day, I feel so much more relaxed if I can read for a minute or two here and there. Itis my escape from reality for a few moments. It is also a way out of the house even when you have sick children.

3. I do not like feet. I have a hard time even touching my husbands feet without a pair of socks. It all stems back to college when a group of friends came over to watch conference at my apartment. I remember being pinned too the ground by several young men while Russ (I won't use last names) stuck his bare feet on my face during the prophets closing remarks of conference. Needless to say, it traumatized me, and I have never been the same.

4. I love to sleep in. I am so much happier when I can. Although I don't really have a day when I can sleep in. Even Saturdays are just too darn busy to get much extra sleep. Les leaves to play basketball at 6:50. I am looking forward to conference Sunday, which I am happy to say doesn't start until noon in this part of the country. There is time to sleep in, shower, and cook a hot breakfast all before the first session. I am also looking forward to 11:00 o'clock church even if I will be up doing night feedings with the baby. Ward council will not be nearly to tyring at 9:00 instead of 7:00.

5. Telemarketing calls. Charity or otherwise. I have insurance companies call me multiple times a week. Honestly if people knew how much I allready paid to charity, I think they would bypass my number.

6. I can not stand clutter in my house. Inevitably by the end of the week I have clutter that builds up on my island or desk in my office or both. I get panicky if my house has clutter and I have to get rid of it, or the family can feel my irritation.

I will not tag any one else but if you feel so inclined to share. Please do.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I love your quirks! I am the same about clutter! I hate "piles". Brad leaves piles of papers everywhere. OHHHHH! It drives me crazy!
Miss you tons. Hope all is well.