Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Les, Can you take the baby for a while?

Okay, so I know that is impossible but last night I was so exhausted and needed a break. Unfortunately when your pregnant you can't just hand off the baby. I am getting to that uncomfortable part of pregnancy when your body bends and twists and turns in odd angles. It is hard to pick things up (especially small items that I can't pick up with my toes). It hurts to stretch, stand up, sit down, get out of bed, pick up children etc. By the end of the day I am doing well if I can roll of the couch and walk up the stairs to get into bed. Les tells me not to pick things up but I don;t think he actually realizes how much picking up I do during the day. He says its the kids job but I don't have time for them to pick things up all the time.

I know I sound lame. I am giving props to all moms who have ever carried multiple babies at one time. I just can't imagine.

I am grateful for this little ones movements that let me know she is okay. At times I admit they get annoying, especially when trying to sleep. But I am grateful at the same time.

I had a moment today. I was going through old boy baby clothes from Brennen, for a friend who needs a particular size of pants for her son. I lost it. So many cute outfits and memories to go along with them. It is hard to imagine not having another little boy. However, this is 95% our last baby,unless something unforeseen happens, and as long as this baby actually comes out a girl there will be no more little boy Augers. Brennen gave me a big hug and told me (because I asked)"Mom I can't grow smaller, I am big. " More tears from the mama.

I am hanging in there but emotionally unstable. It has got to be the hormones. Oh, and congrats to Rachel and Ken and there new addition Lindsay Jane Golightly born last friday. Cuddleing and kissing a new baby is much easier to do in person.

0 comments: