Monday, August 18, 2008

Beautiful City, Nauvoo

We had the pleasure of having my parents come and stay with us in Indy this July. It was so much fun to see them. We had a great time at the track, zoo, and war museum. Our favorite part of the trip was our visit to Nauvoo. It is about 5 1/2 hours to our west. Isaac learned so much. Jayne tolerated most of the time. Brennen was bored out of his mind, hot and tired, but he sure made an adorable pioneer.

Jayne's favorite part of the visit was the horse ride and the oxen and wagon ride. I know it is a shocker since she is pretty obsessed with animals. She wanted to know their names and everything about them. It was also a humbling experience to see an actual sized wagon and the amount of supplies that fit in. What an amazing feat the pioneers undertook. I am amazed at their bravery and conviction.

I am so proud of our church's heritge and am so grateful to that boy prophet, Joseph Smith, who was brave enough to start this new dispension here on earth. I am so grateful to them all for their sacrifices and faith. I pray my faith can be as strong as theirs and that my children will grow to unerstand and know thier Savior.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We love Nauvoo (at least I do--I think Nate is the one that tolerates it!)
Looks like you guys had fun!

Julie said...

Venice and Nauvoo? I might actually die of jealousy! :D

Thank you for sharing your testimony. You are such a good mommy.