Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School-August 11, 2008


The day I have been dreading for a long time has finally come. Isaac started his first grade year. He is now gone all day five days a week. In my mind I know he is ready. In my heart I will miss him every day. I had a terrible week before school. Chalk it up to pregnancy and hormones but I finally had to get a grip and gain control of my emotions, when Isaac started to cry too. He assured me that he would talk to Jayne because he was not going to be here to help any more, she would have to do it for him. What a sweetheart.

He has two teachers Mrs. Gaudreau in the morning and Mrs. Jenni Robinson (Coincidence?) in the afternoon. He was excited to go back to school this week so it must not be all bad. He even told me that his really fun math teacher is way better then last year teacher. His biggest stress of the day is remembering what he is having for lunch. He also has to wait and see who orders hot lunch so he can pick someone to sit by him at the peanut free table. So far he is a little obsessed about it, but I am sure he will figure it out.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Funny teacher name! Haha. I have finally checked your bolg! Very cute. I hope that you are doing well. I cannot believe that your little boy is in first grade. They grow up so fast. I just put James to bed after a very long day. Even though he talks me to death - I sure love him!

Julie said...

LOL-- the peanut free table-- is there really such a thing? First grade is a big change, but rest assured it is harder on mom than the kids. He will grow and learn so much!

I love keeping in touch with all that your family is doing... yay for blogging!