Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's a . . . . . . . . .GIRL!!!

I have thought since I knew that I was pregnant that it was a boy. I had names picked out. (Rex was my favorite.) I was absolutely confident that it was a boy. Well I have had several Ultra sounds this pregnancy and they could finally tell what it was.

It is a girl. First of all I was in shock. Me lucky enough to have two girls. I asked "Are you sure?" "I am pretty sure, look." then she showed me. I could not contain the tears. They flew freely. She asked warily if they were happy tears or sad. Of course they were happy tears. I was so excited Jayne would have a sister. You have to have a sister. (Sorry all of you who don't have one) Life would not be the same without mine.

To make a long story short I made her check again at the end. Sure enough it was a girl again. After the ultrasound she gave me a hug. The nurse gave me a hug. The doctor gave me a hug. I am pretty sure if there had not been a wall in between me and the receptionist she would have given me a hug. Don't get me wrong I love my boys and would have loved to have another, but there is just something about girls.

I am not quite ready to get rid of all the boy clothes (at least until it really comes out as a girl) but I am excited to get a girl nursery ready. Any way I am thrilled. I need serious help with names if you care to share any. All that I like are very popular and I just can't decide. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations! I know you will have another adorable little girl. Jane is so cute. As for names, I am the worst for suggestions. Miles was 5 days old and we still had not decided. If I hear anything good I will let you know! Love you!

Jessie said...

YAY!!! Cynde, I am SO excited for you... and for Jayne to have a sister!

I think that Jessie is a cute name for a girl! (wink wink) Seriously though, if I think of anything cute, I'll let ya know!

Julie said...

Are you on anyone's hand-me-down list? I have some cute frou-frou dresses that I should send you...

As far as names go, I loved browsing all the baby-naming websites while I was pregnant. Both of our girls ended up having popular names, but we are okay with that, because they fit them so well.

Congrats!

Laura said...

Congrats to you my dear! I feel the same way about my kidlets-I love my boys but there is something special about Anna even though her moods drive me nuts! We name our kids after people which has led to some interesting conversations between Bryan and I- I will pass along anything I hear that sounds cute! All my love-

The Augers said...

I knew it was a girl! We are excited for you. A cute name I heard is Tayli or Taylee (however you want to spell it).

Rachel said...

Good luck with the name thing and with another girl. I don't have much advise for girls! :)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Cynde (and Les, of course)! Girls are so fun -- and I only know this because I'm a girl, and because I have all sisters; but, I imagine they are kind of fun to raise, too :)